Scientific name: Minoa murinata
Flies by day in sunshine
Found from late April to early July, with a possible partial second generation occurring in some years from mid July to early September. Can sometimes be found in large numbers. Occasionally recorded at light traps.
Size and Family
- Family – Carpets and Allies (Larentiines)
- Small Sized
- Wing Span Range (male to female) - 18-23mm
- UK BAP: Priority Species
- Nationally Scarce
Overwinters as a pupa. The larva feeds from late June to early September, preferring the flowers and floral leaves
Particular Caterpillar Food Plants
Wood Spurge (Euphorbia amygdaloides)
- Countries – England and Wales
- Very local in Kent, also parts of southern England, southern West Midlands and the Welsh borders. In Wales occurs only in Monmouthshire.
- Distribution Trend Since 1970’s = Britain: Declining
Woodland rides, clearings and coppice.