Butterfly Conservation and Butterfly Conservation Trading Ltd are committed to providing a high quality service. Unfortunately, despite all best intentions things can still go wrong. When this happens we need to be informed so that every effort can be made to put things right and to prevent such errors in future.
We welcome comments or suggestions on ways to improve the current information or services we provide.
How to make a complaint
1. In the first instance, wherever possible, the complaint should be addressed verbally to the person who initially made contact with you. It is hoped that most problems can be sorted out and the situation rectified immediately. If this is not possible a response will be sent within 7 days.
2. If you are not happy, at this stage, with the initial response or do not feel comfortable with step 1, the complaint should be made in writing, addressed to the Deputy Chief Executive. On receipt of a written complaint the Deputy Chief Executive will investigate the issue thoroughly and reply with a resolution within 14 days.
3. If you feel the complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction you should write to the Chief Executive. The Chief Executive will acknowledge your complaint, contact all staff members concerned and initiate a formal investigation. You will be kept advised of progress at regular intervals until a satisfactory conclusion has been reached. We aim to advise complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 30 days.
How we will deal with a complaint
1. Any complaint received by Butterfly Conservation or Butterfly Conservation Trading Ltd will be noted and recorded in the appropriate file held by the Deputy Chief Executive.
2. All complaints will be given priority and handled fairly and thoroughly.
3. Initial straightforward complaints will be dealt with by the staff involved, wherever possible. However, advice and/or intervention will be sought from line managers where needed.
4. Written complaints addressed to the Deputy Chief Executive will be investigated, resolved and replied to within 14 days, or sooner where possible.
5. Serious complaints will require formal investigation and the complainant will receive written acknowledgement and regular updates of progress until a satisfactory conclusion has been reached. We aim to advise complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 30 days.
6. Where Butterfly Conservation or Butterfly Conservation Trading Ltd are found to be at fault, the issue will be rectified as soon as possible and steps put in place to ensure a similar problem does not occur in the future.
7. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of our investigation into a complaint about fundraising, you may contact the Fundraising Standards Board within two months of receiving our response. They can be contacted at:
Fundraising Standards Board, 65 Brushfield Street, London E1 6AA.
Tel: 0333 3218803. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org