AGM AND MEMBERS’ DAY
SATURDAY 29th APRIL 2017
The Branch AGM, Photographic Competition and Members’ Day this year will be held at the Humfrey Rooms, 10 Castilian Street, Northampton NN1 1LD from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m
The nearest car park is Albion Place behind the Derngate theatre but this is quite small. Best bets are the St John’s multi-storey (just off the roundabout on Victoria Promenade opposite Morrison’s) or the Grosvenor Centre multi-storey, which are both about ten minutes’ walk away. All multi-storey car parks are free on Saturday.
Our guest speaker:
THE BACK FROM THE BRINK PROJECT
Sam Ellis, Director of Conservation and Regions,
Photographic Competition entries (prints only) may be submitted in advance to any of the committee members or brought on the day. Entry is open to all branch members.
There are four categories:
- The Chairman’s Shield for the Best Photo of a British Butterfly in the Wild
- The Don Askew Memorial Shield Branch Activities, Field Trips, Winter Work parties, Sales Events, Members etc.
- The Butterfly Conservation Shield for the Best Photo of a Butterfly or Moth in its early stages (egg, caterpillar, chrysalis etc.)
- Best British Moth Shield for the Best Photo of a British Moth
Rules for the Photographic Competition
- No more than 6 entries per category per person
- All photos to have been taken in 2016
- An entry fee of 50p will be charged per photo entered and no larger than A4 in size
- Every entry must show name/initials on the reverse
- Digital images may be cropped but not significantly enhanced by computer manipulation
- The committee accepts no liability for loss or damage to entries
- Winning entries are to be available for publication on the branch website and in the branch newsletter