This will be followed by an optional short training course in Pearl-bordered Fritillary monitoring and habitat assessment.
- There’s a very gentle slope but some rutted areas and trip hazards, so unsuitable for wheelchair access
- Strong footwear essential
- Distance: 1.5km (1 mile) walk
- Suitable for children
- Sorry, no dogs
Meet at the sawmill in the southern part of Rewell Wood, Grid ref: SU983076, nearest postcode BN18 0AL.
- This is accessed via a concealed turning off the eastbound A27 dual carriageway between Fontwell and Arundel
- The turning is marked by a thick overhead cable crossing the dual carriageway
- Extreme caution must be exercised on both entry and exit
- Drive up the track through the open gate (locked after 6.30 pm) until you reach the sawmill
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact the Leader / Project Officer Neil Hulme, 07778 306816, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need or can offer a lift to any of our events please email Neil, who will attempt to put you in touch with each other to reduce our carbon footprint!
- Public transport may be available – try www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk for information
- Most of our events are free and open to all, although there is a suggested donation of £2 to help us with our work if you are not a member of Butterfly Conservation