Help the Devon Branch on their Little Breach reserve near Culmstock in the Blackdown Hills. Over the years, continued habitat management has helped it become more species-rich and now 24 butterfly species can be seen throughout the year, with grassland butterflies predominating.
- Work will be mainly raking up cuttings, but there will also be trimming back of woody vegetation
- Bring gardening gloves and lunch and, if you have any, small saws, loppers and rakes would be useful
- Three branch hay rakes will be available on the day
Meet at 10.30am, at the end of the lane leading to Purchas Farm, Grid ref. ST 108 154, nearest postcode EX15 3HP.
- Leave the M5 at junction 27
- Take the A38 towards Wellington
- After about 3 miles, just after passing over the M5, turn right onto the B3391 signposted Culmstock/Hemyock
- After 1.1 miles, turn left signposted Woodgate/Beacon
- Continue for 0.7 mile, going straight across two sets of crossroads and passing a “no through road” sign
- Park where you can at the end of the lane
- From here it is about half a mile to the reserve at Grid ref. ST 115 155, with a steep uphill section initially
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact John Bell, contact details below the map.
- John BellWork07580 958275