Join the Somerset and Bristol Branch on a walk to see butterflies of woodland and flowery grassland with Duke of Burgundy, Dingy Skipper and Grizzled Skipper the principal target species of butterfly...
This site is a Forestry Commission (FC) reserve, managed by BC and the Neroche Project under a Heritage Lottery Scheme (HLS) Grant.
Meet at 11am, parking inside the reserve gate or on the roadside at Grid ref: OS ref ST188 180, nearest postcode TA3 7SU.
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact the Leader, Nigel Cottle, tel: 07483 887536.
- Children and beginners are especially welcome
- No dogs please as some of the sites have livestock on them
- There is no charge for the walk
- Our walks are taken at an easy pace and end around 1-1.30 pm, so a packed lunch may be a good idea
- Stout shoes or boots (wellies if it’s been wet) are recommended
- If the weather is wet or unseasonably cold and dull, the walk will be cancelled
- If you have a query about the walk and cannot get through to Nigel (see above) phone John Andrews on 01278 426500
- Any unavoidable last-minute changes will be posted on the Branch website