The reports give an overview of species trends and summarises some of our conservation work, there are also archived regional and species action plans which can be used for reference.
New reports and downloads will be added as they become available.
Conservation Reports and Reviews
- Species Action Plans (launched in 1995)
- Regional Action Plans (launched in 2000)
Our collection of species factsheets and habitat downloads can be used to provide an overview on species ecology, assist with species identification and advise on best practice management for specific species and habitats.
Species factsheets include information on ecology, habitat requirements and best practice management for some of the UK's most threatened butterflies, moths and some key foodplants.
Click on the relevant habitat below for habitat advice downloads and factsheets:
- Grassland Management Resources (farmland, bracken and damp grassland)
- Woodland Management Resources (includes our Woodland Management Guide)
- Urban Habitat Management Resources (gardens, brownfields, hedgerows and towns and cities)
- Habitat Creation Factsheets (scrapes, butterfly banks, seeding and plug-planting)
Read more about different types of habitats and the associated Lepidoptera on our habitat pages.
However, to help with identification some downloadable butterfly, moth and caterpillar ID guides can be found here.