Money matters

Five Pound Butterfly

Every penny counts in conservation. Here is how it can make a difference.


If you want to collect money on private property, such as in a pub or supermarket you need the owner or landlord's written permission. If collecting on the street, you will need a license from your local authority or council.

Raffles and tombolas are a great way to raise money. However they are governed by complex laws, so please check to find out more.

Sponsor money

It's quick and easy to set up an online Just Giving page so sponsors can give through the internet and you don't need to handle any money. You can also download a sponsor form here.

The money you've raised can be sent to us by post

Put all the cash you've raised in one bank account and send a cheque, made payable to Butterfly Conservation, together with any sponsor/Gift Aid forms to Butterfly Conservation, Manor Yard, East Lulworth, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 5QP. If you haven't done so already please complete the event registration form so we know how you raised your money.

Get in touch!

It's great to hear your news and share your successes with other supporters. If you've taken photographs and are happy for us to use them on the website or in our magazine, please send them in.

To send us the money you've raised online you can donate to Butterfly Conservation's Just Giving page.

Match giving

Lots of companies participate in match giving. So please ask if your employer will match fund the money you raise and double your fundraising efforts!

Gift Aid

Please ask people to Gift Aid their donation. Gift Aid is really valuable as we can claim 25p on every £1 donated. So £10 becomes £12.50 at no extra cost to you or your donors. In order to claim the Gift Aid we must have your donors name and home address including postcode. Just Giving will do this for you or you can use a sponsor form or order donation envelopes to collect this information.

Downloadable Forms