Butterfly Conservation and Butterfly Conservation Trading Ltd are committed to providing a high quality service. Unfortunately, despite all best intentions things can still go wrong. When this happens we need to be informed so that every effort can be made to put things right and to prevent such errors in future.
We welcome comments or suggestions on ways to improve the current information or services we provide.
How to make a complaint
1. In the first instance, wherever possible, the complaint should be addressed verbally to the person who initially made contact with you. It is hoped that most problems can be sorted out and the situation rectified immediately. If the situation is not able to be rectified immediately, a response will be sent within seven days.
2. If, at this stage, you are not happy with the initial response or do not feel comfortable with step 1, the complaint should be made in writing, addressed to the Head of Administration. On receipt of a written complaint, the Head of Administration will investigate the issue thoroughly and reply with a resolution within 14 days.
3. If you feel the complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, you should write to the Chief Executive. The Chief Executive will acknowledge your complaint, contact all staff members concerned and initiate a formal investigation. You will be kept advised of progress at regular intervals until a satisfactory conclusion has been reached. We aim to advise complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 30 days.
How we will deal with a complaint
1. Any complaint received by Butterfly Conservation or Butterfly Conservation Trading Ltd will be noted and recorded in the appropriate file held by the Head of Administration.
2. All complaints will be given priority and handled fairly and thoroughly.
3. Initial straightforward complaints will be dealt with by the staff involved, wherever possible. However, advice and/or intervention will be sought from line managers where needed.
4. Written complaints addressed to the Chief Executive will be investigated, resolved and replied to within 30 days, or sooner where possible.
5. Serious complaints will require formal investigation and the complainant will receive written acknowledgement and regular updates of progress until a satisfactory conclusion has been reached. We aim to advise complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 30 days.
6. Where Butterfly Conservation or Butterfly Conservation Trading Ltd are found to be at fault, the issue will be rectified as soon as possible and steps put in place to ensure a similar problem does not occur in the future.
7. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of our investigation into a complaint about fundraising, you may contact the Fundraising Regulator within two months of receiving our response. They can be contacted at:
Fundraising Regulator, 2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH.
Tel: 0300 999 3407. Email: email@example.com.