Join the Herts & Middlesex Branch on a walk just south of Wheathampstead to hopefully see Small Copper and other late summer butterflies, with the possibility of Clouded Yellows.
Meet at 2pm in the public car park at Ferrers Lane in the middle of Nomansland Common, Grid ref: TL171124 [Landranger Map 166], nearest postcode AL4 8EJ.
- From St Albans take the B651 north towards Wheathampstead
- Pass through Sandridge Village
- You will reach the common half a mile further on
- At the cross roads in the centre of the common, turn left into Ferrers Lane
- The car park is 500 yards along on the left
The nearest station is Harpenden (Thameslink from London St. Pancras Imt.), approx 3 miles away.
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact Malcolm Hull, tel: 01727 857893 or email: email@example.com.