Join the Cumbria Branch and Cumbria Wildlife Trust (CWT) at their nature reserve near Kirkby Stephen, where we hope to see Scotch Argus butterflies plus, hopefully, another dozen common species.
Meet at 10am at Newbiggin, Grid ref: NY701056, nearest postcode CA17 4NY.
- Leave the M6 at Junction 38
- Take the A685 towards Brough
- At Newbiggin, take a left turn signed Great Asby
- Parking is available in about 500m
- There is a short walk to the old railway line, then about 3km walk along the former railway track bed to the viaduct
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact Peter Boardman, tel: 017683 42079