BRANCH MEMBERS’ DAY 2018
Saturday, 28th April, 2 – 6 p.m.
Maulden Village Hall, Flitwick Road, Maulden MK45 2DP
Easily accessible from M1 and A6
BRANCH AGM TO INCLUDE:
• A Review of Branch Activities and Conservation Work
• All the latest on Woodland Wings and Back from the Brink Projects from the project officers
GUEST SPEAKER Tom Brereton Head of Monitoring, Butterfly Conservation Visiting Professor in Conservation Science at the University of Northampton“Current Trends of British Butterflies”•
Entries for the photographic competition (prints only) may be submitted in advance toany committee member (see back page) or brought on the day. Entry is open to all branch members.There will be four categories:
• The Chairman’s Shield The Best British Butterfly in the wild.
• The Don Askew Memorial Shield This includes Branch Activities, Field Trips, Winter Work parties, Sales Events, Members etc.
• The Butterfly Conservation Shield The Best Picture of a Butterfly or Moth in its early stages (egg, caterpillar, pupa etc)
• Best British Moth Shield Best Picture of a British Moth.
Rules for the photographic competition
• No more than 6 entries per category per entrant.
• All pictures to have been taken in the last year.
• An entry fee of £0.50p will be charged per picture entered and no larger than A4 insize.
• Every entry must show name/initials of entrant on the reverse.
• Digital images may be cropped but not enhanced by computer manipulation.
• Committee accepts no liability for loss or damage to entries.
• Winning entries are to be available for publication on the branch website and in the Branch Newsletter.