Join the Cumbria Branch in Whitbarrow on one of our regular Wednesday work parties.
Meet at 10am and bring:
- warm clothing
- stout footwear
- take the A5074 from Gilpin Bridge
- take the second left turn to 'The Howe' (no signpost)
- cross the minor road
- climb to the centre of the hamlet
- turn left on tarmac road
- bear right onto a track with concrete wheel tracks
- there is limited parking (please try to car-share) at the first clearing in the wood, Grid ref: SD454885, nearest postcode LA8 8DE
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact Chris Winnick, tel: 01539 728254
Before setting out, please check the status of the work party for last minute changes, especially during periods of bad weather, on the Cumbria Branch website, or ring Chris (see above) or David Eastlick, tel: 015395 32076.