Join the Cumbria Branch on a conservation work party at Gillbirks, south-west of Kendal.
Bring rainwear, warm clothing, lunch and stout footwear.
Before setting off, please check the status of the work party with David (see below) during periods of bad weather, particularly ice and snow.
- Take the A5074 from Gilpin Bridge
- Take the second left turn to 'The Howe' (no signpost)
- Cross the minor road and climb to the centre of the hamlet
- Turn left onto the tarmac road
- Bear right onto a track with concrete wheel tracks
- There is limited parking at the first clearing in the wood, Grid ref: SD454885, nearest postcode LA8 8DE.
- Bring kneelers and garden trowels (if you can)
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact David Eastlick, tel: 015395 32076. To be confirmed