Saturday 23rd MARCH 2019
Welwyn Civic Centre (TL232160) Prospect Place, Welwyn, Hertfordshire (AL6 9ER).
- Liz Goodyear
You are invited to our Branch Annual Members’ Day on Saturday 23rd March 2019 at Welwyn Civic Centre (TL232160) Prospect Place, Welwyn, Hertfordshire (AL6 9ER).
- 11:00-11:15 Doors open -tea and coffee will be available
- 11:15-11:20 Welcome and introduction
- 11:20-11:45 Branch Annual General Meeting
- 11:50-12:30 Members’ images (not entered in competition)
- 12:30-13:00 “Big City Butterflies” – May Webber
May Webber has recently been appointed the Big City Butterflies Project Development Officer and will be in charge of this exciting new Heritage Lottery Funded project involving London
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch break and mingle –tea and coffee will be available during the interval
- 14:00 -15:10 “Saving the UK’s wildlife, one garden at a time”–Jim and Joel Ashton
The Butterfly Brothers –are Butterfly Conservation ambassadors. Their profession is Landscape Gardening and they promote conservation and wildlife in every project they undertake. They are passionate about their work!
- 15:10-15:40 Break - tea and cake
- 15:40-16:30 “Roots of Rockingham -the Chequered Skipper Project” – Susannah O’Riordan
In May 2018, Chequered Skippers were released into a wood in Northamptonshire. Project Officer Susannah O’Riordan tells us how it happened!
- 16:30 -16:55 Raffle and photo competition results
- 16:55 -17: 00 Closing Remarks
Please note the order of the programme may change –any alterations to timings will be updated on the branch website at this link