Saturday 6th August 2022, 8:15pm
- Barry Henwood
- 01626 364080
Saturday 6th August: Bellever - Moth event 8.15pm
This is a Dartmoor Pony Heritage Trust moth recording event held in association with Forestry England, Butterfly Conservation, Devon Moth Group and Devonshire Association.
Meet at 8.15pm at Bellever Forest car park SX656772 (parking is free). There will be a 20 minute walk to the site along a rough track. Please make sure you bring a good torch as it will be dark for the return walk.
Led by Barry Henwood (Devon Moth Group) 01626 364080 and Paul Rendell (Dartmoor guide).
Max people: 20
Booking essential: by email to [email protected]
Moth recording events take place in the dark and there are a few things that you will need to bring so that you have a safe and comfortable evening.
- a torch (don’t forget to check the batteries are not running low)
- warm clothing (even if it is a hot day, it can get chilly after dark) - suitable footwear (please ask if you are unsure what is suitable for a particular event)
- something to drink and perhaps a snack to eat
- insect repellent (may be useful as mosquitoes can be a pest sometimes)
- UV safety glasses and/or peaked cap (you may wish to bring these as the light from the moth traps is very bright)
- Please try to arrive at the advertised time, take care of your own personal safety and listen to the short introductory briefing by the event organiser, about any hazards in the area such as electric cables, slippery paths etc.
- Children are most welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian if under 16.
- If you have any queries before the event please contact the leader.