Sunday 25th July 2021, 12:00pm-4:30pm
- Tricia Atkinson
- 01242 512584 or 07866822254; email@example.com
The Butterfly Nectar Garden at Prinknash is part of the walled garden owned by the monks at Prinknash Abbey, near Cranham, Gloucester GL4 8EX.
- Members of the Branch will be on hand to answer questions about butterflies and plants and Butterfly Conservation in general.
- A children’s butterfly hunt
- Plants for sale
- A variety of nectar-rich flowering plants, grown to attract butterflies and other insects, on view in the garden
- Live moths caught overnight in a light trap (and released unharmed later in the day)
This is in the middle of the Big Butterfly Count (see https://bigbutterflycount.butterfly-conservation.org/) so if you haven't already done anything why not start here.
No charge for the garden entry. There is a large car park and a café.
The nectar garden is always open to the public even when we are not there.