Tuesday 13th November 2018, 10.00am-4.00pm
- Jayne Chapman
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 01962 808400
Meet at 10:00am at Old Kennels Lane at the junction between Port Lane and Millers Lane, Oliver’s Battery (Map ref: SU 451 629). Richard Lemon will lead these tasks. See Yew Hill for more site details.
If you cannot get to the meet points at 10am, please find us on the Reserves. We appreciate any time that you have to spare – even if it is just for the odd hour or so.
Please wear suitable clothing, and bring a packed lunch and refreshments. Tools, training, gloves and cakes will be provided.
Practical conservation tasks could include any of the following, and will generally involve a bonfire:
- Scrub clearance, raking and burning
- Tree popping (to remove unwanted woody species from the grasslands)
- Creating bare ground and planting caterpillar food plants
- Hedge laying and pleaching
- Clearing fence-lines of clematis and hawthorn
- The work-parties will be led by either Jayne Chapman, a contractor or a Butterfly Conservation volunteer. On certain dates, a contractor may join us to carry out any necessary chainsaw work, or this might be done the day before in preparation for a work-party.