Sunday 22nd to Sunday 22nd April 2018
Millhopper's Pasture BC Reserve, East Of Aylesbury
Join the Herts & Middlesex Branch on the monthly work party at our Millhopper's Pasture reserve, held on the first Sunday of the month - please note new date for April
Conservation work is one of the most important activities of the Society - loss or neglect of suitable habitats is one of the major reasons for the decline in many of our butterflies, as well as other wildlife. Habitat management is vital to create and maintain a varied ecology in order to enhance the Lepidoptera (butterfly and moth) species on the reserve and promote other wildlife. To make this possible, volunteers are needed for the newly established work parties.
Work parties are held every month on the first Sunday of the month, starting in August 2017. They start at 10am and finish around 2.30pm, with a break for lunch.
Parking by the reserve is limited, so it is suggested that volunteers car-share when possible, parking at Wilstone Village Hall and walking across the fields.
There is room for two cars directly by the reserve - please do not block the farm gates - grid ref: SP899148 - map 165, nearest postcode HP23 4PL.
- When walking from Wilstone, follow the public footpath alongside the children's playground next to the Village Hall
- Cross the canal via the footbridge
- Head across the fields towards Long Marston
- Go straight on without turning left or right until you reach Watery Lane (aka Astrope Lane)
- Across the road there is a choice of 3 footpaths - the right-hand one leads immediately to the reserve entrance, which is through a metal gate on the left.
- The total distance of this walk is half a mile
- The grid reference for Village Hall is SP903142 [Landranger Map 165], nearest postcode HP23 4PE
For more information, or if you would like to attend, please contact Paula Reid, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.