Saturday 18th June 2022, 10:30am-1:00pm
- Alan Dawson
- 01603 454092 or 07826070872
A walk round this Hevingham Fuel Allotment Charity site, which is managed by NWT, looking for Silver-studded Blues.
Sturdy footwear is advisable.
We want to use this opportunity to look at parts of the Heath and Great Wood that have not been surveyed for some years. Maps will be supplied.
Meet in the reserve car park at TG1771214, marked as a car park on the OS map. To find the car park, there is a small finger post signed to Buxton Heath on the B1149, about 1 mile north of the Marsham Arms pub and the track to the car park is on the left about 200m down the lane leading off the B1149
When organising the field trips we take every care to ensure that our events present no greater hazard than any together countryside walk. However please note the following:
- Clothing - generally stout shoes are needed, a sun hat and sun screen are advisable in hot weather: insect repellent can be useful.
- Refreshments - bring plenty if liquids in hot weather and a packed lunch where appropriate.
- Weather - if the forecast is poor, contact the leader to check if the event is going ahead.
- Facilities - as most of the field trips are in the countryside there are normally no facilities available, unless stated
- Finish Time - the stated finished time is an estimate and is depends upon the weather, numbers attending and abundance of butterflies/moths and other wildlife