Saturday 27th July 2019, 9:30am-11:00am
Abbey Farm, Flitcham
- Greg Bond
- 01263 579520
We are again invited to open moth traps at this excellent part-organic farm in north-west Norfolk.
On previous visits, we have captured a number of interesting and colourful chalk grassland species so there should be plenty to see. Meeting arrangements are yet to be confirmed but we will be directing visitors on the day.
This is also a great opportunity to take part in the Big Butterfly Count.
Finishing time is an estimate as it depends on the number of moths trapped.
Abbey Farm can be found along Abbey Road, Fulham TF735266
When organising the field trips we take every care to ensure that our events present no greater hazard than any together countryside walk. However please note the following:
- Clothing - generally stout shoes are needed, a sun hat and sunscreen are advisable in hot weather: insect repellent can be useful.
- Refreshments - bring plenty if liquids in hot weather and a packed lunch where appropriate.
- Weather - if the forecast is poor, contact the leader to check if the event is going ahead.
- Facilities - most of the field trips are in the countryside there are normally no facilities available unless stated
- Finish Time - the stated finished time is an estimate and is depends upon the weather, numbers attending and abundance of butterflies/moths and other wildlife