Tuesday 16th July 2019, 9:00pm-1:00pm
Foxley Wood (Norfolk Wildlife Trust)
- Greg Bond (Moths) or Mike Gasson (Butterflies)
- 01263 579520 or 01328 829307
We will again be opening moth traps put out the night before courtesy of NWT, followed at about 10:30am, by a butterfly walk round this reserve looking for summer butterflies, including the White Admiral.
Paths may be damp and uneven, so sturdy footwear is advisable.
Meet in the car park, Grid Ref. TG 049 229, nearest postcode NR20 4QR
Directions: .NWT Foxley Wood is 25km north west of Norwich. Leave Norwich on the A1067 Fakenham road, from which the wood is signposted on the right. Go through Foxley village and the entrance and car park is 2km ahead on the right. Parking is available in several small car parks just inside the nature reserve.
When organising the field trips we take every care to ensure that our events present no greater hazard than any together countryside walk. However please note the following:
- Clothing - generally stout shoes are needed, a sun hat and sun screen are advisable in hot weather: insect repellent can be useful.
- Refreshments - bring plenty if liquids in hot weather and a packed lunch where appropriate.
- Weather - if the forecast is poor, contact the leader to check if the event is going ahead.
- Facilities - as most of the field trips are in the countryside there are normally no facilities available, unless stated
- Finish Time - the stated finished time is an estimate and is depends upon the weather, numbers attending and abundance of butterflies/moths and other wildlife