Wednesday 5th June 2019, 10:00am-11:00am
- Sharon Hearle or Greg Bond
- 07920131526 or 01263 579520
Our first trip to this rarely trapped Breckland site. Moth traps set overnight will be opened at 10:00am. Meet at Grimes Graves car park TL816901, postcode IP26 5DE
From about 11:30am onwards, after we have opened the moth traps etc, we will be able to search the site for Dingy Skipper , other butterflies and day flying moths.
The end time is an estimate for the moth trapping and does not include the search for butterflies and day flying moths.
There are toilets, a small shop with vending machines and snacks on site. There will be a charge if you wish to visit the flint mines
When organising the field trips we take every care to ensure that our events present no greater hazard than any together countryside walk. However please note the following:
- Clothing - generally stout shoes are needed, a sun hat and sun screen are advisable in hot weather: insect repellent can be useful.
- Refreshments - bring plenty if liquids in hot weather and a packed lunch where appropriate.
- Weather - if the forecast is poor, contact the leader to check if the event is going ahead.
- Facilities - as most of the field trips are in the countryside there are normally no facilities available, unless stated
- Finish Time - the stated finished time is an estimate and is depends upon the weather, numbers attending and abundance of butterflies/moths and other wildlife