Tuesday 13th July 2021, 10:00am-2:00pm
- Sharon Hearle or Greg Bond
- 07920131526 or 01263 579520/07940876994
Our second visit to Grimes Graves, this rarely trapped Breckland site, following a successful meeting there in 2019. We will be hoping for a variety of Breckland specialities including Reddish Light Arches, Clouded Buff and Cream-spot Tiger.
Meet at Grimes Graves Car Park TL816901 10am Open Moth traps set overnight
There are toilets and a small shop with vending machine and snacks on site. There is a charge if you wish to visit the flint mines.
From about 11.30am onwards, after we have opened the traps etc., we intend to move on to Lynford Arboretum and perhaps Cranwich Camp searching for day flying moths and butterflies. We expect to be at the main car park at Lynford (TL825935) at about 12.30pm and potentially Cranwich Camp car parking area (TL775940) from about 2.30pm but this will be confirmed on the day.
Please note all events are subject to any restrictions that the Government might apply nearer the time.
When organising the field trips we take every care to ensure that our events present no greater hazard than any together countryside walk. However please note the following:
- Clothing - generally stout shoes are needed, a sun hat and sun screen are advisable in hot weather: insect repellent can be useful.
- Refreshments - bring plenty if liquids in hot weather and a packed lunch where appropriate.
- Weather - if the forecast is poor, contact the leader to check if the event is going ahead.
- Facilities - as most of the field trips are in the countryside there are normally no facilities available, unless stated
- Finish Time - the stated finished time is an estimate and is depends upon the weather, numbers attending and abundance of butterflies/moths and other wildlife