Wednesday 3rd July 2019, 10:00am-11:00am
- Sharon Hearle or Greg Bond
- 07920131526 or 01263 579520
Our second visit in consecutive years to this NWT Breckland reserve.
Meet at Weeting Heath.NWT visitor centre TL757880, postcode IP26 4NQ to open moth traps set overnight.
There are toilets and a small shop with vending machine and snacks on site.
There is a charge if you are not a NWT member and wish to the bird hides
Assuming the weather is favourable we will then move to Cranwich Camp to look for Forester and other day flying moths and butterflies.
Directions; NWT Weeting Heath is just west of Brandon on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Leave Brandon going north on the A1065 to Mundford. Cross the railway line on the outskirts of the town, then turn left to Weeting and Methwold. In the village of Weeting, turn left to Hockwold cum Wilton. The car park and visitor centre are signed 2.5km west of Weeting.
Entrance is from the car park on the Weeting-Hockwold cum Wilton road. Caution – traffic is fast along this road.
When organising the field trips we take every care to ensure that our events present no greater hazard than any together countryside walk. However please note the following:
- Clothing - generally stout shoes are needed, a sun hat and sun screen are advisable in hot weather: insect repellent can be useful.
- Refreshments - bring plenty if liquids in hot weather and a packed lunch where appropriate.
- Weather - if the forecast is poor, contact the leader to check if the event is going ahead.
- Facilities - as most of the field trips are in the countryside there are normally no facilities available, unless stated
- Finish Time - the stated finished time is an estimate and is depends upon the weather, numbers attending and abundance of butterflies/moths and other wildlife