Calling all home heroes.
Join thousands of people nationwide taking on The 2.6 Challenge | Help save butterflies, moths and our environment.
Many fundraising activities in the UK have been postponed or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we need your help now more than ever.
Protecting butterflies and moths doesn’t stop for Coronavirus. We have had to adapt in line with current government advice, but we are still working with farmers, creating education resources, analysing data and ensuring we are ready to go with projects across the UK as soon as we are able to. We need your help now as much as ever.
What is The 2.6 Challenge?
Set yourself any fundraising challenge around the number 26. This could be something as simple as pledging to run or ride 2.6 miles as your daily exercise, to gardening for 26 minutes or naming as many butterflies you can in 26 seconds!
There are no rules – apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time. The main thing is to get active, have fun, pledge whatever you can to help or fundraise.
No matter what you choose to do, your support will make a difference.
Most people are taking part on Sunday 26 April but you can do your activity whenever is most convenient for you.
How do I take part?
1. Think of an activity involving the numbers 2.6 or 26.
2. Set up your fundraising page through Just Giving
3. Ask friends or family to sponsor you
4. Complete your challenge on or after Sunday 26 April
5. Share your photos or videos of from your activity by tagging us @savebutterflies and using the hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge.