We are thrilled to be introducing a new portal for our volunteers this year, which will revolutionise how Butterfly Conservation supports you as a volunteer, whether as part of a branch or by volunteering more directly with staff. We have chosen to use Assemble as our volunteer portal because it is the market leader and boasts an impressive user base, including the RSPB, Ramblers and the NHS. It’s secure, easy to use and has been developed to support best practice in volunteering.
What is Assemble?
Assemble is a website where you the volunteer can easily view and update your personal details, manage your tasks and events and even let us know about a skill you would like to share with us. It will help us recruit new volunteers, manage training, let us easily share information like news articles or documents and allow volunteers to chat to each other, too, through a forum.
How will I access Assemble?
Assemble will be a part of the Butterfly Conservation website which is just for you, our volunteers. You will be able to set up your own login details and reset your password if you have any difficulties getting into it.
There’s also a mobile app to make it as easy as possible to access when you’re out and about. Instructions for downloading this will be given when we’re ready to go live.
Why should I register with Butterfly Conservation through Assemble?
Assemble brings many benefits to volunteers:
- Access all your volunteering information from one place
- Easily connect with other volunteers or staff through messaging and a secure forum
- Manage your tasks, events and volunteer hours
- Access the training resources and documents you need
- Be invited to special events for our volunteers
- See what other volunteering opportunities are available
- Have confidence that your data is being managed securely
- Means you are covered by Butterfly Conservations’ insurance, provided you follow the training and guidance for your role.
When will I be able to use it?
We are currently working on Assemble behind the scenes, to make sure we are happy that it’s set up correctly for you. We plan to go live to the first volunteers towards the end of 2023, starting with volunteers who directly support our staff. Next, we’ll invite volunteers who record butterflies and moths and finally we’ll fully roll it out to Branch volunteers.
Will my data be safe in Assemble?
Yes, this is very important to us. Assemble is fully compliant with UK Data Protection Legislation and you will be able to manage your own data through the portal.