- Save endangered species from extinction.
- Help restore natural habitats and create safe-havens for butterflies and moths.
- Be part of an active and friendly organisation that makes a difference at local and national levels.
- Enjoy access to our butterfly nature reserves across the UK.
- Share your voice to campaign and support wider environmental issues affecting wildlife and people.
- Get involved in the world’s largest Butterfly & Moth recording and monitoring programmes.
- Help create a world rich in butterflies for future generations to enjoy.
Butterflies and moths are among the most threatened groups of wildlife in the UK. Without your support, we cannot continue our vital work to protect them. By becoming a member you will:
We will send you*:
- A welcome pack with membership card, set of collectable postcards and car sticker.
- Essential advice on gardening for butterflies and moths.
- Colourful charts to help you identify butterflies, moths and caterpillars.
- Butterfly magazine three times a year, packed with fascinating features and stunning photos.
- Monthly e-newsletter with the latest news, info and offers.
- Membership of your local branch, with regular newsletters.
- Invitations to local guided walks, talks, conservation action days and social events.
* We are incredibly grateful for your support, and by becoming a member you will be helping ensure we protect our precious butterflies and moths, even during these uncertain times. Our offices have been closed due to government advice on Coronavirus, however we are now opening our Head Office on a limited basis. This will mean we can begin sending out welcome packs. Please bear with us as we catch-up. In the meantime we have compiled a virtual membership welcome pack for you to enjoy.
Thank you for your understanding, you can still reach our membership team on 01929 406015, or at @email and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Members over the age of 18 are entitled to attend Butterfly Conservation General Meetings and will have one vote (per household) on each resolution either in person or by proxy.