Here we answer some of the most commonly asked questions about joining us.
What do I receive when I join Butterfly Conservation?
- A welcome pack including your membership card, a set of collectable postcards and car sticker.
- Butterfly magazine three times a year, packed with fascinating features and stunning photos
- Advice on gardening for butterflies and moths.
- Colourful charts to help you identify butterflies, moths and caterpillars.
- Monthly e-newsletter with the latest news, info and offers.
- Membership of your local branch, with regular newsletters.
- Invitations to local guided walks, talks, conservation action days and social events.
- An Annual Review summarising our activities, and opportunities to attend our Annual General Meeting and Branch Meetings.
How long will it be before I receive my new membership pack?
We’ll do our best to dispatch your pack as soon as possible but during the busy summer months this can sometimes take up to 21 working days.
Can I choose what day of the month my direct debit is drawn from my bank account?
Unfortunately not, all direct debits are processed on or around the 20th day of each month.
I want to purchase Gift Membership. Where will the welcome pack be sent?
Gift membership packs can be sent directly to the new member or the buyer. If we’re sending directly to the recipient we’ll happily print a personalised message onto a butterfly card for you.
Gift members receive our magazine 3 times a year, regular newsletters from the local branch and will have the opportunity to renew their membership if they so wish at the end of the year.
Do I need to sign a Gift Aid form every year?
No, as long as you continue paying tax we only need your permission once and then we can claim the tax back every year until you inform us that you are no longer paying tax, or until your membership ceases (whichever comes first).
How much tax do I need to pay for you to claim Gift Aid on my subscription?
You need to only pay as much tax as we claim, i.e 25p for every £1 of your subscription. For instance, on a subscription of £34.00 we can claim £8.50. You therefore only need to be paying £8.50 tax per year. If you support other organisations, in the same way, you must make sure you pay enough tax to cover all of their claims. See further details about Gift Aid.
Can I join online by Direct Debit?
Yes, you can join online by direct debit. Your details will be secured by our SSL server and we will write to you within 3 working days to confirm your details. All the normal Direct Debit safeguards and guarantees apply. No changes in the amount, date or frequency to be debited can be made without notifying you 10 days in advance of your account being debited.
Which Credit and Debit Cards do you accept?
Credit and Debit card payments are powered by WorldPay, which accepts the following cards:
- Debit Mastercard
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
Help, I need assistance!
Please call us during office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) on 01929 406 015 or e-mail @email