Butterfly Conservation is a charity and membership organisation.
We rely on our membership subscriptions to fund vital conservation work. Administrative costs must be kept as low as possible to ensure that funding is available where it is needed most, conserving butterflies, moths and the environment. Processing payments by Direct Debit is by far the most cost-effective means of renewing membership subscriptions for over 30,000 members each year.
Our membership offers attract a high volume of membership applications. Please help us reduce our administrative costs by providing your bank account information with your membership application.
We will lodge a Direct Debit instruction with your bank or building society when we set up your membership record. Your membership welcome pack will include a letter detailing your annual or monthly payment plan. We do not take unauthorised payments from your account and you are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
We will write to you before your membership is due for renewal and invite you to continue your subscription for a further 12 months. Your renewal invitation will detail your annual renewal fee or payment plan as applicable. If you wish to renew, you need to take no further action. Your regular annual or monthly Direct Debit payments will continue automatically.
There is no obligation to renew your membership and you may cancel your membership at any time. Email @email or telephone 01929 406015 to speak to the Membership team. Your local Branch membership and subscription to Butterfly magazine will also cease when you cancel your membership.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Butterfly Conservation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Butterfly Conservation or you bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you received a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Butterfly Conservation asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify Butterfly Conservation.