Have you taken a particularly impressive photo of a butterfly this season or managed to capture a pin-sharp image of one of our many spectacular species of moths?
If so, the Cheshire & Peak Branch of Butterfly Conservation is holding a 2018 Photographic competition to bring together the very best images of British Lepidoptera, and we are looking for your entries!
- Entries must have been taken in the UK during the 2018 season
- Files must be in a JPG format
- Images must be 300 dpi resolution
- Entries must be A5 size (1750 x 2000 pixels is also acceptable)
- Photos can be of either butterflies or moths, and they can be in either colour or black and white
Entries are limited to 3 per person and the closing date is 31st October 2018. Please include your membership number with your entry submission. Please send all entries to @email
Judging will be undertaken by the Cheshire & Peak Branch committee and the winning entry will feature on the front cover of the January 2019 newsletter (second and third place will feature on the back cover).
As well as the prestige of having the best Lepidoptera photograph in the Cheshire and Peak area, the winner will also receive a £25 book token! A slideshow of all entries will feature on the website.