Following the success of last year’s competition, this year’s will again be held online and will feature a section for under-18s. All members of Butterfly Conservation Norfolk Branch may enter, and all are encouraged to vote. There will be a small prize for the winner of the Junior section.
- Photographs may be taken anywhere (UK or abroad) at any time after 1 October 2022.
- There are four categories: UK butterflies, UK moths, International (butterflies or moths outside the UK)and Under 18. All stages of the life cycle are acceptable. You may submit up to two photographs in each category.
- Entries must be JPEG files (.jpg or .jpeg, not .tiff or .png or .zip).
- Send entries as email attachments to email@example.com. Please send each photograph as a separate email. The subject line should be ‘Photographic Competition 2023’ followed by the category.
- Include your name and the species name separately in the email text.
- If the photographer is under 18 please mention this – the photos will then be entered in the Junior section.
The opening date is 27 August and the closing date is 9 September.
- Voting will be open from 16 September to 1 October. All entries will be available for viewing on the Branch website.
- You may vote for one photograph in each category and one Junior entry.
- Send your votes to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Vote’ in the subject line.
- Winners will be announced at the Members’ afternoon on 7 October, and winning photographs will be published in the Branch newsletter.
By entering the competition you agree that your photographs can be used in future newsletters and can be published on our website, social media feeds and other material. Photographer credits will be given.
UK Butterfly - number 6 Harry Faull Marbled White
UK Moth - number 2 Valerie Walker Cinnabar moth
International - number 4 Steve Evans Striped Hawkmoth
Under 18 - number 5 Tyler Hood Marbled White
1B Purple Hairstreak - Roger Seymour
2B Small Skippers - Valerie Walker
3B Brimstone - Jenny Wasiak
4B Orange-tip - Steve Evans
5B Chalkhill Blue - Valerie Walker
6B Marbled White - Harry Faull (Winner)
7B Red Admiral - Emma Neve
8B Brimstone - Roger Seymour
9B Green Hairstreak - Steve Evans
10B Gatekeeper - Emma Neve
11B Silver-washed Fritillary - Harry Faull
12B Speckled Wood - Jenny Wasiak
1M Emperor Moth Caterpillar - Roger Seymour
2M Cinnabar Moth - Valerie Walker (Winner)
3M Large Yellow Underwing Moth - Emma Neve
4M Burnet Companion Moth - Steve Evans
5M White Plume Moth - Steve Evans
6M Poplar Hawkmoth - Roger Seymour
7M Mullein Moth Caterpillar - Emma Neve
8M Fairy Longhorn Moth - Valerie Walker
1I Provence Orange-tip - Harry Faull
2I Monarch - Steve Evans
3I Monarch - Jenny Wasiak
4I Striped Hawkmoth - Steve Evans (Winner)
5I Yellow-banded Skipper - Harry Faull
6I Spanish Gatekeeper - Valerie Walker
7I Clouded Yellow - Valerie Walker
1U Red Admiral - Samantha Ridley
2U 6 Spot Burnet Moth - Tyler Hood
3U Red Admiral - Phoebe Goldsmith
4U Painted Lady - Phoebe Goldsmith
5U Marbled White - Tyler Hood (Winner)