We are very fortunate to have a Branch run by a dedicated Committee of people who volunteer their time.
Committee members tend to have a range of skills and experience but they all share a common interest - the protection of our environment and our butterflies and moths.
You could extend your butterfly and moth recording activities or environmental interests into helping the branch with events from field-trips to the winter talks programme. There’s also a lot of behind-the-scenes work to be done too not least on media - a traditional Newsletter but also our Social Media outlets. If you think you could help with these, the Branch would love to hear from you.
Don’t be shy and there’s a lot to be gained too from joining the group: mentoring; valuable volunteer experience; contributing to Lepidoptera conservation; confidence and self-esteem building; and the social/network building aspect as well.
Examples of Roles with Branch:
- Post roles - Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Ordinary Committee members
- Newsletter/Social Media - Newsletter, Facebook and Twitter
- Publicity and Social Media - Press Releases, Posters
- Events - Winter talks programme and Work Parties
- Outreach/education - giving talks and walks to groups and schools.