Guidelines for Wiltshire Branch Field Trips
1. Meetings will start at the time indicated in the individual event description. Some events may continue into the afternoon and, if so, a packed lunch will be advised.
2. All map numbers and grid references refer to the 1:50,000 Ordnance Survey Landranger® series unless stated otherwise.
3. DEER TICKS are becoming increasingly common. As they can carry Lyme disease, it is advisable to wear coverings over the legs. Tick guidance
4. Dogs should not be brought to meetings.
5. At the moth nights, people should bring a torch each and wear UV protective glasses if
they have them. They should also wrap up warmly; it can be surprisingly cold even on a
quiet summer's night, and consider bringing a seat.
6. Butterfly Conservation does not accept liability for damage or personal injury incurred at field meetings.
Pre-registration is essential so you MUST inform the trip leader if you are intending to go on the field trip, either directly, through leaving a phone message, or via text message or email, no later than the evening of the day before the trip. The field trip leader will have the discretion to cancel a field trip if there are no confirmed attendees or due to inclement weather. Please check the event details on the Butterfly Conservation website, or field trip leader for corrections, changes and additions to the programme and to confirm the details prior to joining any field trip.
Covid security - All trips will be subject to any government and/or Butterfly Conservation limitations applicable at the time of the trip.